Thursday, June 27, 2013

Has the Ship Sailed?

Have you found that other social media has usurped the time you used to spend blogging? We all tend to run to Facebook or Twitter or Instagram nowadays before we check our blog feeds. I suppose that's a reflection of the latest trend to absorb life in soundbytes rather than real, long, thoughtful conversation. In the fast-paced, busy-ness, face time with friends and family requires intention. I'm not suggesting that's bad. I'm merely making an observation.

I've found that intention to be much more difficult myself. I would venture to owe most of that to a desire to spend more time at home with the little one & the hubby. I certainly don't blow & go as much as I used to and it's not rocket science that some of my friendships have suffered greatly for it. I'm sad about that, but at the same time, I'm also very glad for the quality family time. I can say that I'm making a more consorted effort to make those connections now that M is older.

All of this is to say that my dedication, should you wish to go so far as to call it that, to blogging has fallen by the wayside. I have stories to tell. Oh yes. I'm merely debating whether I want them told or whether this storytelling venue, if you will, has run its course. Does anyone still check in here? Do you want to continue to see content? Or am I going to stick to two-second snippets on Facebook & Instagram? The choice is yours. I can be swayed either way.

No comments: