Thursday, April 21, 2011

I Did It

For those of you who follow me on Facebook, I recently posed the question "have you ever had a bikini wax??" I asked this b/c a friend of mine (hey, Daon) and I were talking about it and how neither of us had ever been brave enough to get it done. (I'm not sure that I've mentioned on ye olde blog that Derek and I are taking a quick little cruise to the Bahamas in the middle of May. No matter how quick the cruise, it's still too many days for repeated shaving of sensitive areas, IYKWIM. And I'd rather not skip any beach days simply b/c I've got a case of the stubbles. So that's kinda the evolution of this whole conversation.)

Eeeenyway, I got some good responses on the FB post - from general encouragement to things to make it a more positive experience. *ahem* And I also got a referral for a local spa and most importantly a person to see. I've had the info for a good week or two, and I've just been sitting on it. B/c you know, I'm still a little nervous about the whole thing. But today I finally worked up the nerve to call and book an appointment for a bikini wax (somebody still needs to explain to me the real difference between a bikini and a Brazilian. I know what I think it is, but the spa's description didn't seem to match up). I opted to get it done a week before we leave just in case I have any kind of adverse reaction (there should be time for it to settle down before I have to don a swimsuit).

I shall let you know how this adventure unfolds. I hope it's quick and painless, not to mention worth my fretting (and my moolah)!

1 comment:

Aggie99 said...

So glad you're taking the plunge before me! Can't wait to hear about it.