Friday, December 10, 2010

Things: Installment 58

The blog's been silent for a while. At least with posts of any substance. So how about a new Things post? This time of the year - the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas - makes me far more aware of my many blessings.

Things I'm Thankful For
  • I'm thankful to be in a position not to need anything but instead to be in a place where I can meet other people's needs.
  • I'm thankful for good health. This is so easy to take for granted. I was listening to the radio yesterday, and they were fundraising for Children's Hospital. And it made me think about the number of people who will be spending their holidays in the hospital fighting various illnesses. How wonderful it is to be well!
  • I'm thankful for wonderful friends. Derek and I are blessed to have really terrific people in our lives. People who listen to us when we whine, who celebrate when we accomplish something, who get mad on our behalves, who give us encouragement when we're down. Where would we be without good friends?!
  • I'm thankful that we both have jobs that are not as susceptible to fluctuations in the economy.
  • I'm thankful for family. They love you warts & all. And while we can't pick and choose our family, they can't pick & choose either. And so you learn very early the importance of compromise, forgiveness, understanding, and unconditional love. What invaluable gifts & lessons!
  • I'm thankful for music. As much as I may complain this time of year about how busy things are and how much singing I do, it really IS my favorite time of year to sing. I love Christmas/Advent music! Something about the music just gives me goosebumps. What a joy it is to get to share that with others! (If you're not busy on Sunday, please come to A Texas Christmas. It's going to be fabulous! And yes, I'm feeling better. Thanksforasking.)
  • I'm thankful for a successful start to my new joint business venture and I'm looking forward to getting back in the sweatcraftroom to create the new line of product launching in January.
At this time of year, what are you thankful for?

No comments: