Friday, September 17, 2010

Things: Installment 54

This week we're gonna take a look at all of my nicknames. There have been quite a few through the years. Some are still in use, while others have gone on to the Place Where Dead Nicknames Go. (I have no idea where that is.)

Things People Have Called Me
  • Mrs. Johnson - My grandfather called me this. I have no idea why, but I gladly answered to it.
  • The Sus - This nickname was coined by my neighbor Kelli and has been adopted by our friend Bubbles.
  • Tinygrasshoppa - A group of my guy friends in college came up with this one. I can't really remember how it got started. But I can tell you that it must be said with your BEST accent. lol
  • Susan E. - My Granny calls me this. Most often when she has a point to make but sometimes when she just wants to get my attention.
  • Sus - Gosh, I've had this nickname forever. I have no idea who first coined it, but it's been adopted by friends and family alike & is the nickname by which most people refer to me.
  • Suzie Q - My childhood choir director, Ms. Becky, first coined this one. Several of my dear friends (hiya, Rachel V.) and coworkers still use it.
  • Goose - My dear friend Patrick came up with this one after I started calling him "Chicken."
  • Snuzan - My youth director Glenn gave me this nickname and still likes to use it every once in a while.
  • Midget - Derek's best friend from TCU gave me this name after which I started calling him Fat Man. Hey, all's fair!
  • Girlfriend - Derek's Pappaw first called me this. I think it was because he couldn't remember my real name but knew I was Derek's girlfriend. It became a bit of a joke after that.
  • Roomie - My college roommate Rachel still refers to me by the nickname she created for me all those many years ago while we lived in C-Town. (And when you go through what we went through together, you earn the right to call each other whatever you want!)
  • Midget Cricket - I actually don't know who first called me this. Maybe I gave it to myself? But I don't think so. Anyway, Derek & Skeet call me this everytime I drive the truck b/c, from behind, it doesn't look like there's anyone in the driver's seat.
You can call me by any of these and I will answer. BUT, under no circumstances should you ever, ever, EVER call me Sue!!!!! I just might come after you with a kitchen knife. Seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you left out Sue Ellen Ewing, remember? You adopted that one for yourself, "Just call me Sue Ellen."