Friday, September 10, 2010

Things: Installment 53

On the eve of my fifteen-year *gasp* high school class reunion, I thought it would be fun to walk down memory lane and see how much I've forgotten ... uh, I mean, how much I can remember. And just provide some general trivia. There will be a quiz later.

Things About High School
  • I graduated with 220 of my fellow classmates. That is about half of the number we started with as freshman.
  • I was in the photo that graced the front-page of the paper the following day. (Thanks to my aunt who happened to be the Staff Photographer at the time. And I suppose b/c I was sitting in the front row with the rest of the National Honor Society.)
  • I was 7th in my graduating class, just as I was when I graduated from 8th grade. (Yes, we have a junior-high graduation ceremony and name valedictorian and salutatorian, as well as the top 10.)
  • I can still sing and know all of the words to both the Fight Song and the School Song (as I proved to myself on the way to church last Sunday morning).
  • My brother and I have class reunions the same year - we graduated 5 yrs. apart.
  • My brother and I also graduated on the same day five years apart - May 26th.
  • My graduation ceremony was held in the rodeo arena. (I believe I've whined about this before.)
  • My high school's colors and my college's school colors are the same - blue & gold.
  • This will be the first class reunion that I've attended.
  • My class did not have a 10-yr reunion.
  • In 1995, my class won the most scholarship money of any class to have ever graduated from SSHS. (Since then, I think several classes have broken our record.)
  • Just as it did more than 15 yrs ago, the town still rolls up the streets on Friday nights when the 'Cats play football.
  • Just like the team of the 90s, our current high school football team is a Power House. The only difference? This generation has a State Football Championship to show for it.

No comments: