Friday, August 06, 2010

Things: Installment 50

I would love to come at you with something a little more ... interesting, but unfortunately for you, I'm still on a whining kick. So if you're looking for rainbows and unicorns, you might just want to step aside and read the next pole at the train station 'cause I'm in rare form today.

Things I Have to Whine About
  • While the story of the a/c replacement/repair is still fresh on our minds, I thought I would add a little tidbit that I neglected to mention in my previous rant. We've been in our house 7 yrs. Most a/c units have 10 yr warranties - ours being no exception. So we stood to have at least a 3 yr credit towards the new attic unit. *clap, clap* *sarcastic laugh* Um. Yeah. Funny thing about that. When they ran the serial number, it turns out that our particular unit is 11 yrs old. Yep. You read that right. ELEVEN YEARS OLD!!!!!!!! I pitched a major hissy fit, as you can imagine, because WTH, dude. Let's just say that the rest of the rant looked a little something like !@#$%^&*. Needless to say, no credit towards the new unit. *sigh*
  • My allergies are on full tilt again. I either toss & turn all night or I sleep like a rock only to wake up and feel like I haven't slept at all. And there's the crusted-shut eyes and the ooky stuff in the schnoz. BUT it's a little bit better than a few weeks ago (for those of you who got tired of my whiny posts on Facebook). Not that I'm whining any less.
  • OMG, can it get any HOTTER?! You: hello, Captain Obvious, we know! Me: But I want to whine about it, and it's my blog so I'm gonna. *sticks tongue out* Besides, when your thermometer says something like this (see photo), who wouldn't want to whine about it! Yes, my friends, that says 108. And I had been driving for a while so it's not like it was me sitting in my boiling garage or anything. Oy! (Photo too small for you? Click on it)
  • Then, this morning I went to see my PCP b/c he wouldn't call in a refill on one of my scripts at the pharmacy unless I came in to see him. I hate those visits b/c they're a waste of time. Sure, sure. I understand that it's standard, but can't I just "phone it in??" When I scheduled my appointment, the receptionist said, "we'll get you in and out since it's just a routine visit." You know, I should learn to buckle my seatbelt and hang on for the ride when I hear things like that from a doctor's office b/c that phrase right there is sure to tack on AT LEAST 45 min. So for that 5 min. that I spent with the doc, I spent a total of 60 min. in the exam room waiting. And for those of you who know me, waiting is not something I'm good at. At all. Good thing they took my blood pressure first thing!
  • And for some icing on that dr. visit cake, I saw the creepy Pony Tail Guy from my building when I was at the hospital. And not just once but going both in & out of the building. AND he almost ran me over in the parking garage. I could've gone all year without seeing that guy!
  • And to make matters even better, after the marathon at the doctor's office I pull into the train station right as the train is pulling in. Which basically means that there was no way in hell I was going to make that train. Which meant that I would have to wait another 20 min. for the next one. Ozone day be damned, I'm driving to work! And I like driving to work (and paying the ridiculous fare to park) about as much as I like waiting.
  • You know that show I'm scheduled to sing in October? One of my accompanists pulled out of the show. Now I'm scrambling to find a replacement. Do people answer their emails and voicemails anymore? Or is business now conducted only through Facebook? Lordy.
  • It's almost too hot to go to the lake. But then we would miss great photos, like this one, of us piling into the truck with our intertubes. Nice! (Good thing Kelli doesn't read my blog, huh? *wink*)