Friday, June 11, 2010

Things: Installment 46

So ... one of my fellow bloggers Tess is on a Health Kick. And after squeezing myself into my swimsuit by means that are appropriately known as the Swimsuit Wiggle Shake Shuffle Readjust the last two weekends, I must admit that I have quickly joined her. With the ol' Swimsuit Dance displaying vividly in my mind, I thought it would be fun to see where I was when I started training more than a year ago compared to where I am today.

Now. Before I put all of this out there, let's be clear about one thing. I may be thin, but there are a multitude of sins hidden under my clothing. So don't go straight to the I Can't Believe She's Even Going There eyeroll. Safe to say that it's gonna be a while before this bod goes anywhere other than the backyard blow-up pool in a two-piece!!! Jiggles & cellulite ... nuff said!

Drumroll, please ......................


BEFORE personal training
Weight:  123 lbs
Chest: 36"
Shoulders: 37.5"
Waist: 31.5"
Hips: 37.75"
Biceps: 9.5"
Thigh: 18.25"
Calves: 12.5"

AFTER personal training for 12 mos.
Weight: 123 lbs
Chest: 32.5"
Shoulders: 38"
Waist: 28.75"
Hips: 34"
Biceps: 10.5"
Thigh: 21"
Calves: 12.75"

4 comments:

Tess said...

I didn't know you worked out with a personal trainer! I am going to need MORE on this! How often? What kinds of stuff do you do?

Yay for healthkicks! Uh. Sort of.

Susan said...

yep, I got suckered in to personal training when I signed up for my gym membership, but I must say that I'm not one bit sorry! and if my trainer ever leaves my gym, I'm going with her. LOL

I train four sessions a week - two 30 min. & 1 for an hr. we focus on certain muscle groups in each session, e.g. back/biceps, chest/triceps, legs/abs. (though I'm doing a LOT more abs now that it's swimsuit time)

I could do a whole post about the types of torture...uh, I mean, exercises we do. hmmmm, maybe I'll do that next friday.

you'll have to tell us what kind of stuff your trainer makes you do, tess! we can commiserate. =)

Aggie99 said...

If you can tell me how to lose three inches from my hips WITHOUT a personal trainer... :)

But You...impressive!

Susan said...

sure, it's called pain & torture! LOL! srsly, squats, lunges, up/downs, & ab/induction crap is what does it. now you know why i PAY someone to motivate me to do this =)