Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Catching Up

Various & assundary things have kept me from sitting down to write about everything we've been up to in the last two weeks. And since things aren't going to slow down at least for another week or two, I figure there's no time like the present. Right?

We have to go back to Memorial Day to get you all caught up. Gosh, has it really been that long? Whew. We made the most of our long weekend. Derek played in a charity golf tournament on Saturday morning and then we headed out on the boat w/ my brother, SIL, and nephew that evening. We had a great time tootling around Ray Hubbard and just getting to visit. Since Derek's birthday fell on a Tuesday this year, we opted to have his annual birthday bash over the long holiday weekend rather than the traditional weekend after his birthday. So...twenty(ish) of our closest friends came over on Sunday for a cookout. Lord, was it HOT! But the beverages were cold and we had a good time anyway. It's always nice to spend time with family & friends - some of whom we had not seen in a loooooooooong time. Monday we loafed around & did a whole lotta nothin. And I spent part of the afternoon in the white trash pool with Kelli. Did I mention that it was HOT?!

Last week went by in a slow blur (is that possible?) and we were already at the weekend again. My brother & Derek played a round of golf on Saturday. They left bright & early (before 7 a.m.!) while I spent the day at a scrapbook convention in Arlington with my mom. Oh my. That was an experience! Never have I seen so much product all in one place. Impressive. I actually exercised some pretty good self-restraint. I know you're surprised! (And so is Derek!!) *wink* It was bloody hot on Sunday so I got out my own white trash pool for the first time this summer and Kelli & I sat and soaked in the nice cool pool all afternoon. And that led to conversations about how our yard would be perfect for a pool & since we are already planning on building an outdoor kitchen/entertaining area wouldn't it be perfect to do both at the same time. So yeah, we're considering the idea. But I make no promises, people!

No comments: