Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Midweek Round-Up

I just haven't gotten around to sitting behind the computer since the weekend. Surprising? Probably.

We had a terrific weekend - full of time with friends. The weather couldn't have been more perfect! I played my first round of golf on Saturday. Nevermind that I haven't touched my clubs since we moved into our house 7 years ago! All things considered, I didn't do half-bad. I hit the ball more than I missed it, had a few decent drives, several nice putts, and only drowned 6 balls in water hazards. Not too shabby. I just might play again. *grin*

Had an exciting planning meeting on Sunday for all of the big projects upcoming for 2010 at Ye Olde Church Job. Can't tell you how stoked I am about what the next six months have in store!!! Rather than giving a recital this fall, we have decided to do a Broadway show called Side by Side by Sondheim. It doesn't require a large cast and will be one of the major fundraising events for our Christmas projects. We have also scheduled a full-scale Christmas show for mid-December - Amahl and the Night Visitors. I did this show a number of years ago at my previous church. I am particularly excited about LHUMC undertaking the show b/c I will be coaching two children for the lead role of Amahl, as well as being understudy for The Mother. Needless to say, I'll have my work cut out for me in the coming months!

Monday was errand day. I hate errand day. Especially when you have to take a personal day to get those errands run. It was time for several annual doctor visits, plus I needed to get Ezmerelda in for service & recall repair. It was a day full of stop & gos, but I managed to get everything done. Ezmerelda is now sparkly & clean (until it rains again) with a new gas pedal, a new pair of tires, and a detail job. No more worries about her for another six months! And I'm good to go for the next year, too.

No comments: