Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Roundup

Here it is ... Monday again. Dude, was it a busy one or what! My kids had their spring musical this weekend. So needless to say, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off on all of the last-minute stuff that goes along with putting on a musical. But I have to say that the dress rehearsal went really well and the performance was even better! This show was so well-suited to the group of kids we have in choir right now. It really utilized their strengths.

Aside from that, I didn't get much accomplished. I went to a birthday party very briefly on Saturday night. I sang two services on Sunday before running around striking the stage after worship and setting up for the kids' show in the afternoon. And then I promptly went home and crashed. I actually fell asleep on the couch at 6:30 and Derek tried to get me to go to bed. But "it's only 6:30," I argued. "But you've been asleep for the last 30 min." I managed to stick it out until about 8 before I gave it up. Pathetic. LOL

Things won't really slow down for the next few weeks either since I'm scheduled to sing in East Texas the first of May. Speaking of which, I suppose I should get to work on that solo. Ha!

Oh, and before I forget, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my friend Kelli!!

No comments: