Friday, March 19, 2010

Things: Installment 38

My friend Gayla had a fun post this week, and I thought it would make a great random edition of Things. Ready to ramble?

Things: The Random Rambling Edition
  • I am.... happy with where my life is right now.
  • I think.... we should impose term limits for our U.S. Congressmen and Senators.
  • I should.... practice singing more.
  • I dream.... about a government that makes sense. Right now, mine is scaring me!
  • I want.... to be a parent one day soon. Now there’s a shocker for some of you out there. (And NOT common knowledge, by the way.)
  • I know.... that I am loved. Is there a better feeling?? I don’t think so.
  • I don't like.... my attitude sometimes. I’m way too critical & snappy, and I can’t be wrong even when I know I am. I’m working on it, but I’m afraid it’s a lifelong process, folks. So buckle up and hang on for the ride.
  • I smell.... Mountain Retreat Scentsy fragrance.
  • I hear.... the Durufle Requiem (performance on Friday, April 2nd at 7 p.m. at LHUMC) and hammering.
  • I fear.... failure – always have, probably always will. Do we ever get too old for these kinds of things?
  • I usually.... put my pjs on as soon as I get home.
  • I search.... for things a lot. I think it’s b/c I get distracted in the middle of things too often. I have task-oriented ADHD. LOL!
  • I miss.... yoga. Since building our house & moving, I haven’t found a good instructor anywhere nearby. And let's face it, I'm not going to drive 30 min. to go to class! 
  • I always.... let the laundry pile up. But it’s amazing how much you can fit in the new washer & dryer!
  • I regret.... some things; we all do. But I don’t dwell on them. As Rafikki would say, “It is in the past. You can either run from it or learn from it.”
  • I wonder.... where we would be without the Internet??
  • I crave.... food. What can I say, I’m a foodie. LOVE to eat! All. the. time.
  • I remember.... cooking with my grandmother. She gave me my skillz.
  • I need.... nothing, but I certainly want a lot of things.
  • I forget.... how to let go.
  • I feel.... excited and a bit overwhelmed. We’re getting new flooring in a vast majority of the house, which means a vast majority of the house is boxed up and shoved in nooks and crannies right now.
  • I can.... always see the glass half-full of a silver lining.
  • I can’t.... stand bratty kids! Spare the rod, spoil the child. I’m just sayin.
  • I am happy.... with my jobs. I really do have the best of two worlds.
  • I lose.... my patience. A lot.
  • I sing.... a minimum of three times a week. But if we’re really being honest, I probably burst out into random song at least once a day. Just ask Derek.
  • I listen.... to music when I’m working on something for a performance but often don’t think of it otherwise. A lot of times I get in the car and never turn on the radio.
  • I shop.... less often now that we’re on a mission to save for the next big project.
  • I eat.... poorly these days. BUT we’re back on The Wagon, and it’s amazing how much better I feel with just a few days of good, balanced meals.
  • I love.... my family and friends. As trite as it sounds, where would I be without you??!
Would you like to share your list of Random Things? Post a link in the comments or send me your list in an email. Would love to hear about all of you!

No comments: