Thursday, March 18, 2010

Face Lift

For several years now, we've been pinching away pennies to get new flooring. While we weren't firmly decided on what kind of flooring we were getting, we knew one thing for sure - THE CARPET MUST GO!

Don't get me wrong, it's nice enough carpet. Nothing fancy, by any means, but it's also not that old - just shy of 7 yrs., to be exact. But with my allergies growing more bothersome each season, we had to do something. Sure, some of you would say, "well, Grasshoppa, why don't you just get rid of all those darn dander-shedding critters you have??" Pshaw, I say, the critters are here to stay!

We finally decided to bite the bullet. Last week, we got a quote, and today, we're getting new laminate floors installed. Needless to say, the house is a wreck at the moment with furniture and boxes of knick-knacks scattered everywhere. And when I say everywhere, I mean everywhere - the extra bedrooms, the kitchen, the garage, the master bathroom, EVERYWHERE. But when it's all said and done (and we get the house put back together), it will be SO worth it!

What am I doing while this is going on? Staying out of the way, my friends! These guys take care of everything - from moving all of the furniture to demo to install to clean-up. Dori's at the vet (more about that in separate post) for a procedure and boarding for the day and the cats and I are holed up in the craft room until further notice. I've caught up on my email & my Google Reader and now I'm about to dive into some much-neglected scrapbooking projects.

Promise to show you the pictures of before & after!

No comments: