Monday, November 09, 2009

Good Gravy!

Know what happens when you don't have time to read the posts in your Google Reader for a coupla days? You have, like, 200+ to wade through! Good grief! Why haven't I been keeping up? Well, let's just go through the events of the latter part of the week, shall we?

My nephew Oliver was born on Wednesday evening. He was a little early and had a rough start. They transferred him to a neighboring hospital with a Level 2 NICU about 2 a.m. Thursday morning to monitor him more closely. I got that call on my way to work Thursday and turned right back around and went home to sit with my mom & brother at the hospital all day. That day, they gave little Oliver some drugs to boost the ol' lungs and put him on the ventillator so he could rest up. He was off the vent by Friday and is improving every day. He got a little jaundiced so he spent yesterday under the bili light. We're hoping he gets to come home this week.

Friday and Saturday I had rehearsals for my recital. Throw in there a baby shower for a dear girlfriend (hey, sweet Rach!), a recital, some dinners with the neighbors, and several trips to the hospital to visit Oliver and you have the weekend in a nutshell.

I hope this week is a little quieter....

No comments: