Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday Round-up

The last week has been another busy one. The weekend flew by in its usual fashion - way too much to do and not enough time to do it all. I got laundry washed & dried, which was an accomplishment. However, it remains on the loveseat in a crumpled heap. Wrinkled clothes anyone? *Ooo, ooo! Me, me!* What is it with me & the laundry? It's definitely a hate-hate relationship. It's one of the many reasons I'm thankful for a very roomy walk-in closet. I can leave a mess in the floor, close the door, and no one is the wiser. Well, I guess you are now. *wink*

Sunday, I was gone all day long. It was a marathon day really. I sang two services, dashed out to grab lunch, and headed back to the church for an afternoon planning meeting for Advent music for the kids. When you look at the calendar, it's hard to believe that we're but a mere six weeks from the start of Advent! *shudder* We wrapped up the meeting to attend a recital - one piano, four hands. It was amazing! Unfortunately, I had to duck out of the recital a tick early to run a rehearsal. Ya know, I'm not a great conductor. It's not my gift, know what I mean? But I can muddle through when necessary. It was definitely muddling, let me tell you. When it was all said and done and my day had finally ended, I went home and crashed on the couch. And I do mean crashed.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned here that the "big boss" is retiring at the end of the month. That means there are lots of parties and gatherings, and, of course, I've been roped into putting together a little scrapbook. In my spare time. *snicker* Actually, of all of the books I've done for people retiring from my office, this one has been the easiest to put together. I decided that simple was better on this one. I hope that's the right call. *shrugs*

Throw in the middle of all that a little working out and time in the practice room working on recital music and time in the craft room scurrying to get some last-minute cards made and you are now all caught up. So ... basically, I've been consumed by laundry, music, and memory books. What about you??

No comments: