Monday, October 05, 2009

It's Beginning to Look ...

a lot like fa-ll ... everywhere you look!

I'm loving the crisp mornings and the cool afternoons. Can't say that I'm all that wild about going to work and coming home in the dark, but hey, you take the good with the bad, right?? And I'll take the nice weather and lovely colors any day. You know who else is excited? Dori. Yep. She's all a-wag these days. Say the word "walk" in front of her and she all but wiggles right out of her skin.

All in all, it was a very nice weekend. I went to a stamping party, got to visit the parents at their house for a change, came home to a clean house thanks to my sweet husband taking it upon himself to clean the kitchen and vacuum the front of the house where we hang out the most, made the trek to Sam's for some necessities, visited with a girlfriend I haven't seen in a while, caught up on the laundry, and put out the Halloween decorations. I didn't get around to washing my car, but I guess that worked in the end, wouldn't you say? What with all the rain we're supposed to get this week. *wink*

I also got some time in the practice room. I always manage to program some tough stuff on my recitals. And this one coming up in November is no different. It's going to be lots of fun, don't get me wrong, but I have LOTS of work to do. Despite the fact that I've pulled four songs from rep I already know. Still lots of room for improvement on those. And a few of the new pieces are particularly challenging. It should be a great program though, so mark your calendar if you haven't already!

1 comment:

Gayla said...

is it the uptown broadway one? i am definitely going to try to make this one! love your voice! it's been too long, girl. we need to get together before i have jury duty again!