Monday, September 21, 2009

We Can Wiirk It

You may remember this series from many moons ago. I actually started it in collaboration with SarahK over at MountaineerMusings. Well, she's back on the wagon, and I believe I've mentioned that I've been back on the wagon since May. So here's the dealio - straight from Sarah.

I’ll post something every week, and you can join in in the comments or send me a link to your post on your blog, and I’ll link back to it. Here’s what I’m thinking we’ll post about:

Positives:
Something healthy you’ve done for yourself this week, food-wise
How many days you exercised this week, and you can detail what you did for exercise if you wish
Any bonus healthy things you did for yourself
How much you lost this week (If you gained, you can include that in the negatives section, unless your goal is to gain weight)

Neutral:
Current weight (if you wish to share it)
Goal weight (if you wish to share it)
Number of pounds you’d like to lose or gain

Negatives:
How much you gained this week.
Something bad you did to your body this week. Only list one thing, let’s not focus on the negatives.

Something you want to improve for next week (besides weight):
Put your goal here.



Okay, let's get started.

Positives
  • I only ate lunch out twice this week, and both days I chose something healthy at Quizno's (a grilled chicken salad & a turkey sandwich).
  • I worked out with the trainer 3 days this week & did 30 min. of cardio after each training session.
  • Bonus healthy: I officially upped my training days at the gym to 3 days each week taking advantage of a special anniversary promo.

Neutral

  • I'm not giving my weight simply b/c my aim this time around is to tone & build muscle rather than to lose weight. Since I began training in May, I have gained 5 lbs. of muscle. Whoohoo!
  • I would, however, like to see my measurements change. I'll give monthly updates on that since the trainer measures at the first of the month. Next measurement: Oct. 9.

Negative

  • I ate pretty crappy over the weekend and felt terrible yesterday as a result. The tummy isn't all that fond of the fried foods anymore! (But those fried pickles sure were good going down! *for shame*)

Something to improve this week (besides weight):

  • I would like to get to the gym even on days when I'm not meeting with the trainer. That would bring me to 5 days a week (giving 2 days of rest on the days that I sing).
  • I would also like to get back to having a menu plan so we're eating healthier on the whole at home.

No comments: