Friday, September 25, 2009

Things: Installment 28

I kinda fell off the wagon in posting the Friday Things lists, but my friend Gayla (hey, girl!) gave me a great heave back on the wagon this week. Ready?

Things I've Come to Realize

1. I’ve come to realize that my job … is a real blessing. I have a wonderful family of co-workers, terrific bosses, lots of flexibility in my schedule, and tons of support. It's a great place to be!
2. I’ve come to realize that when I’m driving … I totally zone out (me too, Gayla). Sometimes I get home & don't really remember driving at all.
3. I’ve come to realize that I need … to work on my attitude. It's gotten a bit snippy over the last coupla years.
4. I’ve come to realize that I have lost … some really good friends since college. It's so hard to keep up, isn't it?
5. I’ve come to realize that I hate it when … things are out of my control.
6. I’ve come to realize that money … is a big responsibility, but it's nice to have enough to help friends in tough spots.
7. I’ve come to realize that certain people … are unchangeable.
8. I’ve come to realize that I’ll always … be overprotective of my little brother.
9. I’ve come to realize that my sibling … really does want the best for me.
10. I’ve come to realize that my mom … has always had my best interest at heart.
11. I’ve come to realize that my cell phone … is my 24-hr roadside assistance.
12. I’ve come to realize that when I woke up this morning … I was happy when I realized it's Friday!
13. I’ve come to realize that last night before I went to sleep … I was grumpier than I should have been.
14. I’ve come to realize that right now I am thinking … about a bunch of projects that need to get done this weekend and music that needs to be learned.
15. I’ve come to realize that my dad … will always be my number one guy.
16. I’ve come to realize that today … is another chance to be a better person.
17. I’ve come to realize that tonight … I have to work on abs w/ the trainer.
18. I’ve come to realize that tomorrow … is always a gift.
19. I’ve come to realize that I really want to … be the type of friend who leaves a lasting mark - a legacy worth remembering.
20. I’ve come to realize that life … is fleeting and we should cherish each day as an opportunity to do good.
21. I’ve come to realize that this weekend … is going to be full of projects.
22. I’ve come to realize that marriage … isn't easy but is worth the work in the end.
23. I’ve come to realize that my friends … are a Godsend! I depend on each one of them more than they will ever know. Thank you for being a part of my life!
24. I’ve come to realize that this year … is quickly drawing to a close and there are so many things left on the to-do list.
25. I’ve come to realize that maybe I should … get a grip about some things I'm struggling with.
26. I’ve come to realize that I love … teaching music to children.
27. I’ve come to realize that I don’t understand … Americans.
28. I’ve come to realize my past … is what has shaped me into the person I am today - warts & all.
29. I’ve come to realize that parties … with friends always make for lasting memories and great stories for future generations.
30. I’ve come to realize that I’m totally terrified … of failure - always have been, always will be.

No comments: