Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Enjoying Summer

So ... as you've noticed, I've been a bit absent from the blog lately. No regular posts. Honestly, there hasn't been all that much to post about. But, in the interest of, well, something interesting to talk about, I'll give you the round-up on the last week(ish).
  • Last Wednesday, I met my dear friend Jana, who's on a Saucer tour, at The Flying Saucer in Addison for happy hour. We had a fabulous time catching up on all that's gone on in the last year since we've seen each other. (And for all you Saucer fans, a new one's set to open any day now on Lake Ray Hubbard next to Bass Pro. Woot!)
  • Thursday evening, I saw Some Girl(s) at Second Thought Theatre in Addison Theatre Center with my friend Josh. It was a terrific play that hit way too close to home for my comfort. *grin* We both enjoyed it even if we don't agree that the main character was a first-rate jerk!
  • We spent the weekend at the ranch with Skeet & Kelli. It was nice to be out in the country. Away from cell phones & work (well, for the boys anyway). Thankfully, it wasn't terribly hot. We enjoyed fishing and riding around on the Gators. We saw tons of critters - anyone up for turkey? *wink* And we caught lots of fish. We all got some much-needed R&R, Dori included.
  • I went to an hour-long torture session with the trainer yesterday. Squeezed two sessions into one since I have a convention the end of the week. You know, I think an hour is a bit much. (You: Nawwwww) Particularly on a day when my allergies are going absolutely ape-s***, what with fungus being almost 5000. Ugh!
  • Have I mentioned the "nerd" convention I'm attending this week? Nope. Don't think I have. I'm going to TwiCon - which is, you guessed it, all about the Twilight series. There will be papers and panels and Q&As and celebrities. Did I mention the celebrities? Derek is having great fun making fun of me b/c he puts this right up there with being a Trekkie. Oh well. Whatever. I shall have some great stories to tell & photos to share, I'm sure. I have half a mind to start Tweeting or is it Twitting (??) just to keep you up on the nonsense.

And that, my friends, brings you up to date.

3 comments:

Aggie99 said...

Yea! Go "nerds"! And I have also thought about opening twitter just for this. I have refrained though! :)

The Cockrells said...

hey! thanks for the tip on the gastro sitch! i will do! will be doing little shop with rct in september if you can make it! should be a little more entertaining than grease, at least. (gag me.) miss you!

JanaRae said...

Great seeing you too! I'll let you know when I make it the to Lake Saucer! :)