- Last Wednesday, I met my dear friend Jana, who's on a Saucer tour, at The Flying Saucer in Addison for happy hour. We had a fabulous time catching up on all that's gone on in the last year since we've seen each other. (And for all you Saucer fans, a new one's set to open any day now on Lake Ray Hubbard next to Bass Pro. Woot!)
- Thursday evening, I saw Some Girl(s) at Second Thought Theatre in Addison Theatre Center with my friend Josh. It was a terrific play that hit way too close to home for my comfort. *grin* We both enjoyed it even if we don't agree that the main character was a first-rate jerk!
- We spent the weekend at the ranch with Skeet & Kelli. It was nice to be out in the country. Away from cell phones & work (well, for the boys anyway). Thankfully, it wasn't terribly hot. We enjoyed fishing and riding around on the Gators. We saw tons of critters - anyone up for turkey? *wink* And we caught lots of fish. We all got some much-needed R&R, Dori included.
- I went to an hour-long torture session with the trainer yesterday. Squeezed two sessions into one since I have a convention the end of the week. You know, I think an hour is a bit much. (You: Nawwwww) Particularly on a day when my allergies are going absolutely ape-s***, what with fungus being almost 5000. Ugh!
- Have I mentioned the "nerd" convention I'm attending this week? Nope. Don't think I have. I'm going to TwiCon - which is, you guessed it, all about the Twilight series. There will be papers and panels and Q&As and celebrities. Did I mention the celebrities? Derek is having great fun making fun of me b/c he puts this right up there with being a Trekkie. Oh well. Whatever. I shall have some great stories to tell & photos to share, I'm sure. I have half a mind to start Tweeting or is it Twitting (??) just to keep you up on the nonsense.
And that, my friends, brings you up to date.