Monday, June 29, 2009

It's a Bird ... It's a Plane ... It's a ...

plane-sized, blood-sucking MOSQUITO & all of its voracious friends! And apparently, I was the main course. *sigh* OMG, you should see me - all covered in itchy bites & whelts in all kinds of unimaginable places. Who knew an elbow or scalp or finger or toe would prove such a tasty treat? Good times ... if you'd like to gnaw off body parts and/or immerse yourself in some kind of anti-itching salve, that is. Why didn't you just wear bug spray? Funny you should ask that. I would have had I realized I needed to bring some, but someone forgot to mention I'd been invited to a patio party (along with all of the mosquitoes in a 50 sq. mi. radius!).

So, aside from being eaten alive, the weekend was nice - busy but nice. Friday I had to clean house. What a drag! But there were lots of hairy deposits on the floor to deal with as everyone has decided to shed their spring coats at the same time. Dori went to the groomer. The cats have dates with the brush. The floor had a date with the vacuum. Happy times for all. (Sounds like a song, no?) Saturday I had a rehearsal in the morning (who schedules a rehearsal for 9:30 a.m.? WHO???), had a grocery list to tend to at noon, a wedding to make at 7 p.m., and a party to hit after that. Little did I know that my "smart, cool" choice of skirt & short-sleeve blouse would be the delight of so many hungry insects at the party we'd make that evening. Yesterday day was a busy day of church activities with a churchwide picnic in the afternoon. I spent the remainder of the afternoon in Kelli's white trash pool trying to keep cool. We opted to hop out once the water got hot, but you'd be surprised how long that takes!

Looking forward to a more restful holiday weekend. But there's a little week in the middle. And more Alaska posts to finish. So y'all come back now, ya hear?!

4 comments:

The Cockrells said...

You and me both, sister. I get bit INSIDE my house sometimes. It's astonishing how they can hunt me down anywhere to gnaw on me. And I get awful welts!

АLEKSANDRA MOREL said...

We'll be back
PS happy for Dereck

АLEKSANDRA MOREL said...

Derek :) my fingers are faster than brain when I don't need it
(correct it for me if possible)

Susan said...

couldn't figure out how to edit it so i posted both instead. my fingers get ahead of me sometimes too. =)