Friday, April 24, 2009

Things: Installment 16

Speaking of habits. (You: we were speaking of nuns?) What do you do in a typical day? I thought that would be fun to examine, so off we go.

Things I Do in a Typical Day (that does not include the days I sing b/c that would make the schedule pretty crazy & tedious and I'm not really sure I want to think about it b/c then I would think about it on the days that are crazy and that would just make me want to throw up my hands & wave the white flag. (You: And speaking of crazy....))
  • 3:45 a.m. Shake the no-no can at Meeko who is incessantly meowing at the door.
  • 3:47 a.m. Another shake of the can and now a toss of the pillow at The Siamese.
  • 3:47:30 a.m. Make room for Meeko who's gotten on the bed & curled up next to me in apology for meowing incessantly at the door.
  • 4 a.m. Let Dori out b/c she's now up, thanks to Meeko, and thinks it's a great time to go potty.
  • 5:45 a.m. Hit the snooze button and lie in bed contemplating whether I'm getting up or actually sleeping another 9 min.
  • 5:47 a.m. Get up. Make the bed (my side of it anyway). Turn on the t.v. for the morning news/traffic/weather.
  • 5:55 a.m. Take shower. Do hair. Stare at clothes in closet.
  • 6:23 a.m. Let Dori and Meeko out in house. Get lunch from fridge.
  • 6:28 a.m. Leave for bus. Listen to news/traffic/weather on KRLD.
  • 6:35 a.m. Get to park-n-ride.
  • 6:40 a.m. Bus leaves Rowlett. Talk to bus buddies on commute to work.
  • 7:10 a.m. Get off bus. Walk to office. Go through security.
  • 7:20 a.m. Get to work. Turn on all lights in office. Turn on computer. Check mailboxes. Open doors. Check email. Clean off desk.
  • 7:40 a.m. Make hot tea. Eat breakfast.
  • 8:30 a.m. Do daily crossword to ward off the mental crazies. (You: You're a little late!) Do work stuff.
  • 11:35 a.m. Eat lunch.
  • 12:15 a.m. Back to work stuff.
  • 4:05 p.m. Leave work. Walk to bus stop. Wait on bus.
  • 4:15 p.m. Catch the bus.
  • 4: 20 p.m. Talk to bus buddies. Or study music.
  • 4:50 p.m. Arrive in Rowlett. Leave bus station.
  • 4:58 p.m. Arrive at home. Say hi to the critters. Check the mail. Change into pjs.
  • 5:10 p.m. Talk about what's for dinner while checking email/surfing web/blogging.
  • 6 p.m. Start dinner. Talk to Derek and/or neighbors.
  • 7 p.m. Eat dinner. And/or watch favorite tv shows.
  • 8:45 p.m. Go to bed.
  • 8:47 p.m. Derek comes and tucks me in.
  • 8:48 p.m. *honk-shoooooo*

(You: My, what an exciting life you lead! ... And I'm pretty sure you've totally edited out some of the stuff you do in a day. / Me: Well, of course! I can't tell you everything! *wink*)

No comments: