Monday, April 06, 2009

High Holy Week

Did you have a nice weekend? Wasn't the weather lovely? I very much enjoyed my weekend. Derek and the boys were at the races, so I had the house all to myself. I did a little cleaning, but I spent most of the weekend scrapbooking. I finished about eight pages. I just might finish that Hawaii book yet ... two years later! *grin*

This week is pretty hectic. It's High Holy Week. What's that, you ask? In the Christian church, it marks the final week of Lent whereby we celebrate the institution of the Last Supper (Maundy Thursday), Christ's sacrifice for our sins (Good Friday), and Christ's victory over sin and death (Resurrection or Easter Sunday). Each of these holy events is marked by services of celebration or remembrance. In the life of a church singer, this means a LOT of music. And it's my absolute favorite music b/c it spans the realm of human emotion - from quiet reflection to sadness to despair to hope and joy.

We will be celebrating Maundy Thursday and Good Friday in a combined service where will sing selections from Rutter's Requiem. And Resurrection Sunday will be met with the sounding of trumpets as we raise our songs of joy and gladness, accompanied by chamber orchestra and organ. If you do not have a house of worship to call your own, I invite you to join us! (Details right sidebar --->)

No comments: