Monday, March 30, 2009

Winter or Spring?

As usual, Texas weather has been at its finest - from the 70s to the 30s in just the last week. But wasn't it beautiful all the same? It was so nice to see the sunshine after so many dreary days. I could have done without the wind, but beggars can't be choosers! *grin*

It was a lovely weekend indeed for us. We enjoyed a (relatively) quiet weekend at home - Derek wasn't on call, and I didn't have to sing. So we stayed up later and slept later too. We had lots of fun hanging out with the neighbors. I know that comes as a big surprise. LOL! We played board games. (You: What?! Aren't you a little old for that? Me: Absolutely not!) If you haven't done that in a while, I highly recommend it. We played two of our favorites: Clue & Life. And we've decided we should drag out the board games more often. We have a whole closet full of them - Derek's kind of a collector. (A little family joke)

I also spent quite a bit of time in the craft room. I was feeling the scrappin' mojo so I took advantage of it. I finally printed some 12x12 layouts on my own (not so) new wide-format printer. Man, what a slick thing. Other than slightly different photo paper, you can't tell much of a difference between mine & the ones I had printed by a pro. I also learned how to use a photo template in Photoshop. Talk about neat! And what a time-saver! (Mom, you gotta try it!) I'll now be searching for templates online, I tell you what.

But enough about that, it was great to see two of my theatre friends. We met at The Flying Saucer yesterday afternoon. Have you been there? I'd heard about it from my friend Jana but hadn't ventured to a locale myself. (I've been to The Gingerman which is similar in concept.) For those of you who haven't been, they have a LOT of different kinds of beers/ales/ciders on tap. (I'm sure there's a number listed somewhere.) Looking at the menu is like looking at one of those big, fancy wine lists. Kinda overwhelming unless you have some idea what you're looking for. Anyway, they have food too (but you're obv. not going for the food). Mostly, it was an excuse for us to get together & chat about what's been going on in the last ... oh ... 18 mos. or so.

5 comments:

JanaRae said...

Glad you tried the Saucer! I'll visit three different locations in the next four days. :-) (I'm typing this comment while sitting at the Saucer in Raleigh NC.) ...all on a quest to visit each one. When I hit the Addison location (which I've not yet visited), you'll have to join me! (I'm thinking mid/late July.)

Susan said...

that sounds wonderful, jana! are you working towards your own saucer? definitely let me know when you'll be in dallas & we'll enjoy a brew (or two)!

The Cockrells said...

ooh this sounds good...you know i love me some beer. =)

Susan said...

perhaps we'll make it a girls night at The Saucer...

JanaRae said...

I've been working toward my own Saucer since 1999. Yep, that's not a typo: 1999. But without a current local one but with a rumor there could be one soon in my town, I decided to make progress from the 140 count I sit on now. Just 60 to go!

Girls night in Addison would be fabulous! I'll keep you posted on when I'll be there!