Saturday, March 07, 2009

Back in the Groove

I've been quite lax in my posting lately. But I'm sure you all understand that we've had a lot weighing on our minds over the last month. Thank you all SO very much for your thoughts & prayers. They've meant so much to us!  With the first (of several, we hope) good report under our belt, we can finally breathe a little sigh of relief and settle back in to normal routines.

Derek has just finished his first full week back at work. And I'm quite proud that he's taking it easy. When you're sitting around at home, you think, "gee, I feel like a million bucks. I really should go back to work." Then when push comes to shove, you realize that you're not quite as ready to go full-bore as you thought you were while sitting around at home. It just takes a while for the body heal, and fatigue sneaks up on you in surprising ways. Thankfully, Derek's co-workers and clients are all very understanding of this and are just as good at watching out for him as I am ... if not better. They've covered cases on days when he couldn't, they've sent him home on days when he's looked tired, they've loaded his truck for him when instruments are too heavy for him to carry, and they've asked him about his appointments.

Life hasn't stopped for me either. I spent the first week at home with Derek. I remember that first week after my appendectomy & how nice it was to have someone around to do things for me - the thought of moving around was enough to send you screaming for pain meds. In the weeks since, I've been to his appointments with him b/c it's tough to absorb all of that information on your own, especially when they're tossing out scary words like "cancer." My bosses have all been exceedingly understanding and given me the flexibility to come & go as needed. Amongst all of this, I've been preparing the kids at church for their musical, which finally goes live this Sunday, and likewise preparing for my own May recital. There's certainly been no rest for the weary, as the saying goes.

Needless to say, the world hasn't stopped turning. I just haven't really felt in the mood much to write about it. But never fear, I have all kinds of good material saved up just for you!

1 comment:

–źLEKSANDRA MOREL said...

Happy to know that things are better.
Did you get the invite? :)