Sunday, February 08, 2009

Weekend Roundup

Alrighty. So I did survive the Great Big Bad Cold of 2009, thanks for asking. I went to work Thursday & Friday - needed to get some reports done & just couldn't stand to think about what my desk would look like after being out a whole week. Plus, I was going stir crazy at home. In the end, I can't say it was the smartest decision as I was by no means even close to 100% on Thurs. In fact, I got a lot of "gee, you don't look so good." To which I replied, "you should have seen me on Monday." I mean, what else do you say?

I actually didn't really feel "on the mend" until yesterday. It was like I was finally out from under the cloud. My singing voice is certainly not back yet. It sounded pretty weak & pathetic this morning. I also still have a little cough & drainage. But I'm blaming that on my allergies, which are certainly on full tilt once again & definitely a contributing factor to the Big Bad Cold of 2009. People, I cannot think of a time in recent memory when I've been that sick/felt that bad, so let this be a lesson to all of you - get your rest & get your flu shot.

No comments: