Thursday, January 08, 2009

How's Your Hearing?

A co-worker shared a fun link with me today. Ever wondered how good (or bad) your hearing is? Well, test it out by clicking here. I do recommend that you turn your speakers all the way up to be absolutely certain that you can hear everything that is audible to your ear. Seriously, I know it sounds silly, but having the sound all the way up makes all the difference in getting an accurate assessment. The tones are audible up to 16 kHz for me and 17 hurts my ears but I cannot actually discern/hear a tone sounding, if that makes any sense. What about you? I'd love to know so leave me a comment.

1 comment:

JanaRae said...

Wow. I could here the 14 easily, but not the 15 at all---on my laptop speakers. But I will try with real speakers once I get home. Still, I'm neither 39 nor younger. :-)