Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words & well-wishes over the weekend. They really meant a lot to Derek. Monday's graveside service was nice.

Observation: why is it difficult to gather family except in instances of death? I know, I know. We all know the answer to this question - or answers, as the case may be. We grow up, we move away, we get jobs, we get married, we have kids (or critters). All of which culminate into the perfect storm of excuses - very valid excuses, don't get me wrong. I mean, I had my reasons for not to going to my own family reunion over the weekend - the most obvious of which is that I had to attend a funeral. Still. You look up & realize that it's been years since you've seen some of your closest relatives. Years! And attending a funeral only reminds you that family is SO important & we shouldn't allow a single moment to be stolen by time or space or distance. And yet. ... And yet it's still so easy. *sigh*

Alrighty then. Moving on.

I was excited to spend part of the weekend in the craft room catching up on my scrapbooking. Gracious. It's been quite a while since I've done anything other than make cards. Not that I mind making cards. But I have oodles - and I do mean oodles - of trips to scrap, not to mention holidays. I mean, I haven't even scrapped my Austria trip from 2002, for the love of pete! Ugh. But I will not think about the fact that I'm behind. I'll just be glad everytime I get something done. Like this weekend. I was definitely "in the zone." And every crafter knows that it's nice to be in the zone b/c your layouts rock! I'm looking forward to some more time in the craft room this weekend. Derek will be gone to the national sales meeting so I'll have the house to myself & my own undivided attention.

No comments: