Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

So...this was a crazy weekend, to say the least! Lots & lots & lots to do and definitely not enough hours to do it all in. The crazy scampering began Friday afternoon when I got a phone call as I was leaving the hair salon in far N. Plano.

"Uh, yes, this is so-and-so with xyz delivery company and we are about 10 min. from your house if you could call us as soon as you get this message."

I immediately went into panic mode b/c the furniture's scheduled for delivery on Monday. So I call the guy back, and to make a very long story short, I found a neighbor to sign for the furniture.

Saturday, I got up early for a rehearsal in Irving. Then I headed home to work on decorations & to assemble the patio furniture & heaters with help from Derek & Frank. Everything looks wonderful, and those heaters keep things nice & toasty. Then it was off to dinner & the opera with my friend Rhonda. As usual, it was quite an adventure. We were diverted from our usual route to the Music Hall & ended up snaking through a (very scary/shady) neighborhood in the heart of Fair Park to get to Malcolm X Blvd for a turn onto MLK. There were cops everywhere. I cannot think of a time when I've seen so many. I'll bet we saw more than 50 patrol cars. We ended up being very late for the opera, but thankfully, they had held the curtain b/c lots of patrons had been stuck in the traffic snarl. We ran to our seats just in time for the overture. And it was a fabulous show! We avoided a big traffic snarl on the way home b/c we'd turned on the radio hoping to hear about whatever made us late to the opera in the first place & ended up hearing a preliminary report on that plus a traffic report. The next day we heard that there had been a big brawl after a Kwanzaa event in Fair Park & the Dallas PD Riot Unit was called out. So that explains that.

I got up early Sunday to do some Christmas shopping. Needed something for dad & something for myself for two parties. Success on all counts. I spent the rest of the day baking goodies to bring to work today. Then it was off to sing a little show in Irving. I came home & finished packaging up the goodies b/c you know they just had to have custom packaging. *grin* And now I have to hit the hay so I can get up early & drive to work with the goodies in tow.

No comments: