Monday, December 15, 2008

New Size Charts??

So I mentioned that I went shopping this weekend for some new threads for some parties this week. And once again, I'm reminded why I hate, hate, HATE shopping for clothes. You know, guys have it soooo easy. They have to know two simple measurements - waist & inseam or neck & sleeve - and no dressing room is required. I don't know about you but, for me, finding clothes that fit is an arduous task requiring innumerable trips back & forth from racks to the dressing room with the on & off of shoes & pants & top countless times until I have a statically charged fro going on & about as much patience as a toddler on Christmas morning! *throws up hands & sighs in disgust* You can't just shop by manufacturer knowing that everything they make is universal - so a size 5 this week is a size 5 next week. Oh no. Because every time they make a pair of pants or a skirt or a top, they line up a completely different set of Chinese sample models & thus a size 3 on Tuesday may be a size 1 on Wednesday or a size 5 on Friday. *ahhhhhhhhhhh* Enough already! Ladies, why do we insist upon being so difficult? Do we really have to see some crazy, inconsistent number on the label to feel okay about our clothes? Wouldn't it be SO much easier if we adapted the guys' idea & shopped by inches instead? No more trying on unless we wanted to see whether the color or style was right for us??!! *sigh* For me, that would be a dream come true!

1 comment:

Olga said...

amen! that's why i started shopping at petit sophisticate. same sizes all day every day. if you haven't tried them, you should. you are a migit like me so the clothes will be right up yor alley.