Friday, December 26, 2008

A Nap?

Whew. Well, the whirlwind is just about finished spinning through. We have just one (informal) Christmas party left.

After the (major) meltdown of Tuesday when I realized that I had company coming the next day and was completely not ready, all things worked out in the end. Namely: Derek had to work & we had to reschedule our Wednesday event. So....I ended up with the extra day that I so desperately needed to prepare for two days of company.

Wednesday church services went splendidly, tho I must admit that I was skeptical that the kids' pageant was going to go off without a hitch. But in the end, it did just that. Everyone commented on how polished the kids looked/acted & how beautifully they sang. *pats self on back* The kids were well-behaved to boot. So it was a win-win for all. And, of course, the traditional (mostly adult) service at 9 pm went beautifully, as well.

We hosted two family Christmases - one Thursday & one today. And both went well. The food was good, the company was fine, and a great time was had by all. The loot wasn't half bad either. *wink*

The weather is, once again, at its finest with temps in the 80s today. I have the a/c on today after running the patio heaters last night. No kidding! But ... never fear, Old Man Winter will soon reappear as an arctic front is pushing its way south & should arrive by Sunday (in time for dad's birthday party where I think we'll be running the patio heaters again!).

And now, I think it's time for a nap!

No comments: