Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Vacation Week

I worked half a day yesterday since I was out all day Friday & didn't get things done & in order for my vacation this week. My bosses were all surprised to see me but were glad to get things out, cleaning out the end of the month status reports. Now I can enjoy my vacation knowing I didn't leave a big stack of work for the other girls to take care of in my absence.

Derek's better every day. He's still not up to standing for long periods of time, but he IS on his feet which is a huge improvement over the weekend. He has a doctor's appointment today. He's definitely getting x-rays & we're hoping to schedule an MRI, as well. We're hopeful neither set of films shows anything unusual, which would mean the issue is indeed muscular & thus 100% treatable. But, regardless of outcome, it's better to know what we're dealing with - whether a lifelong issue or something short-term (as long as he prescribes to the treatment plan this time).

Other than that, about the only newsworthy thing is a small family squabble about our holiday plans. But I won't bore you with the details of the saga that is family dynamics around the holidays. It's the same song & dance every family faces this time of year as Thanksgiving & Christmas approach. In the end, we all survive. And this year will be no different.

No comments: