Monday, September 08, 2008

Things: Installment 7

Gosh. I guess I got out of the habit of posting my lists after I went to Ireland. The Ireland day-by-day summaries kinda became the Things lists for a while, I guess. But now I'm back in the swing for a little while ... I think. Enjoy!

Things: I Like to Do to Relax

  • Sing - I know this one surprises no one. To me, singing is the ultimate way to find peace, comfort, and quiet. It's definitely my escape.

  • Music - But I don't have to sing to relax, I enjoy listening to music as much as I enjoy singing it. You'll often find me with earbuds in or with iTunes playing or with a CD in the player or with the tv tuned in to my favorite music station. It's not often that I work or relax in absolute quiet. I only require that for sleeping! =)

  • Craft - One of my favorite ways to escape & relax is by going into the craft room & making something. No matter what I set out to make, it always takes me longer than I intend b/c I just get wrapped up in the process. Lately, I've made more cards than anything else. But I'll be back to making pages for the scrapbooks soon since I have so many trips to get in the travel book!

  • Clean - Okay, this is a weird one, I realize. But there's nothing like cleaning to make you sit back & go AHHHHHHHHHH. Plus, if you happen to be upset about something, you can listen to your iPod & beat away on that dirty ole rug! LOL

  • Bube Tube - As my grandmother would call the tv. Who doesn't like to sit back & watch tv/movies?! Sometimes it's nice to escape into someone else's world for a while. And I feel confident we all have our roster of favorite shows not to miss each week - what did we ever do without DVRs?!

  • Read - I haven't always been an avid reader. I guess b/c, for so many years, reading was never for my leisure but rather for some required assignment. But I've come to find that I enjoy reading very much. And I've found some really terrific books/series that I could read over & over. My most recent favorite? The Twilight series. Who doesn't love a hunky vampire?! Oh, how I love my Edward - oh yes, he's my Edward! haha

  • Ranch - My in-laws have some property in the Hill Country. It's a beautiful 600-acre ranch complete with rolling hills, cactus, stock ponds, cattle, rattle snakes, blue bonnets, and a cabin. We spent the Labor Day weekend there and were reminded why we loved going there so often in the early years of our marriage. It's an escape from the hubbub of the city life ... with all the conveniences of home.

  • Exercise - The sound of the pavement beneath my feet in the wee hours of the morning. That, my friends, is a nice, relaxing sound. Until I got back in the habit, I'd forgotten just how much I loved running. I do some of my best thinking when I'm working out. If only I could write & run at the same time!
  • No comments: