Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Where've You Been?

Gosh. Has it really been a week since I posted last? Blogger doesn't usually get these things wrong. It's been busy...and then it hasn't. Makes sense, right?

Let's see. For starters, did I mention all of the shifty-changy that's been going on at work? It's an election year, for one thing. And one of my bosses is retiring, for another. And one of the other assistants seems to be going off the deep end, for number three. Basically, what all of that means is: a) I have a new boss, which brings me to a whopping total of six judges and b) when my judge retires, I'll be picking up a current sitting judge rather than the newly-elected judge as my newest sixth boss. Let's just say, things have been interesting/tense/downright crazy. All in all though, the changes are good. The new bosses are/will be great to work for & I'm looking forward to it.

Things are accumulating quickly in the music dept. The recital program is set. The accompanist is (I'm almost certain) hired. I have most of my music for the review program. And I have the music for my extra Christmas gig. Whew. My work's cut out for me, that's for sure.

I had dinner with my girlfriend Jen who I haven't seen in ages. And I got to see her son, whom, I'm ashamed to say, I haven't seen since just after he was born almost TWO years ago! He's a cutie patootie. And she's doing well/looking fab. It was great to catch up.

The remainder of the weekend was pretty quiet. And I enjoyed that immensely. I spent most of the weekend in the craft room doing a long-neglected project for my voice teacher (that I'm hoping she's forgotten about ;p). I go back to the studio on the 8th, so I needed to get it (mostly) done while I had the time. It was nice to get back in the swing of crafting. I haven't really made anything since long before I left for my various summer trips.

This weekend we'll be going to the ranch with friends. It'll be nice to get away - where the cell phones won't work for anyone! We plan to loaf around, fish, shoot varmits, ya know...just chill out. The menu's planned, the stuffs all bought, we just need Friday to get here already! LOL

On another (unrelated) note, we're still working on the vacation property deal. We finally got all of the paperwork necessary to go to the bank. Unfortunately, the bank isn't all that interested in giving us the money - at least on terms we can agree on. As you know, the banking industry is THE PITS right now. It's taken a big hit from the mortgage crisis. And that basically means that money's tight all around. We naturally started with our own bank, thinking we'd get the best offer from them. Well, it wasn't pretty & we're not happy. And if that's going to be the best offer, well, UGH. We're making some more inquiries, but we're not optimistic. (Sigh) We were so sure this would be a breeze. I guess, it just caught us broadside when it didn't turn out that way. In the end, we know whatever happens will be for the best. We just kinda had our hearts set on the deal, ya know?

Guess that's about it from here.

No comments: