Wednesday, July 02, 2008

No, I'm Not Packed

But thanks for asking. And thanks for initiating the fourteenth panic attack of the day. Yes. The day. I'm totally freaking out here. I've never been this close to a big trip & not been packed. I just can't seem to get my act together. But I take some comfort in the fact that I have my super-duper-extremely-organized-ultimate-packing-list. Now. If I can just fit everything on the list in my bag!

Derek took me to dinner last night at our favorite local restaurant - Cosa Nostra. Mmm. How we love the food there! And the people. It was unusually quiet - maybe b/c we're used to eating there on the weekends when it's crazy busy. We were able to sit at our table as long as we wanted without feeling like we were taking away business - even though Denisio always tells us to "take your time ... enjoy." Enjoy we did. (And I'm probably five pounds heavier for it...haha!)

BUT needless to say, I didn't get much more trip stuff done. Altho, I did go by WalMart on my way home (before dinner obv.). Nightmare. I HATE WalMart, especially at five o'clock! Ugh. I gave up on a return. I stood in line for twenty minutes & moved not one inch or even one place in line. I decided to just get the crap I needed & get out. Once I got my items & was ready to check out, the express lanes were all jam-packed so I got in a very short "regular" line. I swear it was rocket science to get the lady & her ten items in front of me checked out. (Sigh) On the upside, I think I have everything I need for the trip. So now I'm just left to packing.

So until my bags are packed, I will not be answering the phone, the door, the critters, the husband, the ... well, you get the idea. There's time to be social when I know I'm ready to go!

No comments: