Monday, June 02, 2008

Whew

This was another one of those weekend-from-my-weekend kind of weekends. I'm dragging today. But on the whole, it really was terrific.

Friday night I did some cleaning in anticipation of the busy weekend & possible weekend company. But because I've been keeping up with that lately, it didn't take all that long & we actually had some time to veg too. Saturday I got up early & walked the dog b/c it's been getting too hot to do that in the evenings. Dori was soooo happy. We haven't been walking her much lately b/c we've both been too busy. Then I ran errands in preparation for Derek's birthday party.

Derek's party went off without a hitch. We got to see several couples we hadn't seen in a while - Chrissy & Ross, Jarod & Morgan, David & Olga, Brian & Kelli, etc. It was great to catch up with everyone. It's amazing how quickly time sails by. And suddenly you realize it's been more than a year since you've stolen time for an outing together! There was plenty of food & fun. A great (late) time was had by all.

I sang two services Sunday. That was tough after getting in bed so late. But it went fine. After church, I met my accompanist for a rehearsal since we'll be cutting a CD this coming weekend - or at least getting started on a CD. Then I met Chrissy & Ross in far N. Plano b/c Chrissy'd left her purse at the party. Afterwards I did a little shopping on my way home. With summer here, the official casual attire decree has been issued at the office and I needed some new summer stuff. And it'll work for my two summer trips. Managed to find a few things. Still need to find a few new pairs of shoes - okay, maybe not need to but I want to. {"Hi, my name is S and I have a shoe problem."} Derek spent the day golfing with friends. They had a great time, even though it was blazing hot in the afternoon when they played. No one melted into a puddle & they all came back none the worse for wear but maybe a little red-necked.

And now you're all caught up on the weekend news.

No comments: