Thursday, April 10, 2008

What Sirens?

So are we the only ones who've slept through the storms the last two nights? Judging by the answers of everyone I've asked, yep. Don't ask me how we've managed to sleep through the shake-you-out-of-bed thunder or duck-and-run-for-cover sirens ... because I haven't a clue. I am a pretty sound sleeper, but things like that usually do at least make me stir. But the last two nights, we might as well have blown away b/c there was nothing but Zzzzzzzzzzzzz coming from our house! But that being said, we've escaped the big storms with little more than rain (at least that we know of). So that's good news.


Derek's off to Chicago today. He's nervous about that trip b/c he's not sure whether he'll get there & get back. Why, you ask? Well, he's due to fly on an AA MD80. You know, the ones involved in the FAA fix-it-or-else thing. At this point, it looks like he'll get to Chicago. Everything seems to be running on time at this point. Let's hope it's the same on the return trip on Saturday!


I'm supposed to go to Chorale tonight, but my allergies really have me down today. So I'm likely going to stay home & get some extra rest. Which basically means I'm going to eat whatever leftovers are in the fridge & veg in front of the tv until I wake myself up talking in my sleep. Fun, right?!

No comments: