Sunday, April 27, 2008

Here & There

All in all, it's been a busy weekend. Friday night, Derek had to work late. So I came home & cleaned house. Got almost all finished by the time he got home. Made him some dinner, then we sat down & watched an unaired episode of Stargate SG1 we rented from XBox Live. That's what I call excitement!

Saturday, I got up early to run around with mom. We had a few things to do before heading out, so it was actually lunch before we got on our way. Made a detour at the dentist's office for my routine cleaning. Then we finally got to do a little shopping. Got home just in time to get ready to go hear the Verdi Requiem at the Meyerson - that's the best I've ever heard the orchestra & chorus sound (I could have taken or left the soloists)! The new conductor really IS exciting! I'm looking forward to the 08-09 season - there are some great things on the schedule (even a few that Derek might be interested in ... shocking, I know).

Today, I subbed for a fellow student from my studio. She went out of town & didn't want to leave her section uncovered. My paid gig was kind enough to "loan me out" in Marilyn's absence. The music was lovely, and I got lots of compliments & kudos for filling in. I felt like I did well.

Now I'm working on laundry & playing with some of the new stuff I got yesterday - I may get done with this Hawaii album yet! Later, we're going to dinner at Morton's with the neighbors - it's their anniversary & we have a great coupon for dinner ($99 for two!). Should be a nice evening.

No comments: