Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Done with Monday

In the grand scheme of things, I can't complain too much about the end of a Monday, ya know? I had enough work to keep me occupied most of the day so that when I looked up it was almost 3 (I leave at 4). That certainly elicited a *whoop* from me! The second *whoop* came when I realized that I got to go home & do nothing.

Derek and I couldn't decide on dinner. I finally got hungry enough that I gave up on him making any kind of decision, so I just made myself a big fancy salad with the leftover grilled halibut while he was still pondering what he wanted. He finally decided on the "fancy sandwich and french fries" I'd offered more than an hour earlier.

I actually accomplished a few things last night, too. Go me! I don't know about you, but I really hate wasting bread. Especially when it's the expensive good-for-you bread like we buy. So when the bread gets kinda hard & a little mushy (I keep it in the fridge so it doesn't mold so you get a mix of hard & mushy), I make seasoned bread crumbs out of it. It's not the thick bread or I'd make croutons too, but I'm not a fan of wimpy croutons...you know, those little ones that you get on the pizza buffet. So anyway, I made it through about half of the stale bread (geez, I'd let my stale bread problem get out of hand; I think I still have another few hours of work on that!) when I decided it was time to go to bed.

I even multi-tasked last night. While each batch of bread was getting crispy in the oven, I worked on folding the clean laundry. Wish I could say it got put away, but we didn't get that far. But in the grand scheme of things, getting it folded is much harder than putting it away.

And that, folks, is an exciting evening at the house of Fox. Don't you wish you could have one too?!

1 comment:

Olga said...

if you ever get a chance....try making croutons out of 7 grain bread or hawaiian bread....it is extremely tasty, especially when they are a bit sweet...you won't regret.