Monday, April 07, 2008

Beginning of Busy Week

So I just realized this morning that I have somewhere to be every night this week. *Sigh* I don't really like weeks like that. Oh well. Gotta suck it up, I guess. Had a nice, restful weekend. I did absolutely nothing productive, unless you count lots of hours in the craft room productive.

Friday night I went to dinner with my neighbor since both our husbands were gone on their boys weekend at the races. Tried out a great new South American restaurant in Rowlett -- Maya. Fabulous! I highly recommend it. It's hard to imagine such an upscale restaurant making it in Rowlett, but with food that good, I really hope it does. I had the carne asada - YUM. The place fills up fast, so go early unless you want to wait.

Saturday it was so nice to sleep in. I finally gave in to Meeko's whining to get up about 9:30. He can be obnoxious when he thinks he's been resting too long. Of course, what did he do when I let him out of the bedroom to face the day? Went & found a sunny spot and promptly took a nap - brat! I worked on the Hawaii scrapbook once I finally got up. In the evening, I met my aunt & cousin for dinner in Southlake - it was my cousin's 16th birthday. Hadn't seen them in a while, so it was great catching up.

Sunday I fell victim to my "smart" alarm clock. I bought it before the new time change schedule went into effect, so it's still confused & changes time on the wrong weekends. Under the old schedule, this would have been the weekend to spring forward. So I think I've slept in again only to find that I'm up an hour earlier than I intended. Oh well. I was already done with my hair by the time I realized it. So I played in the craft room until it was time to go to church. I dashed from church to Sulphur Springs to hear the Choral Society's hymns & spirituals concert - terrific music, as usual. Had an early dinner with mom, dad, & Granny after the concert. We had plenty of time to visit & be silly.

And that brings us to today ... and the busy week. Derek comes home sometime today. I know the critters are looking forward to it. They wait by the door in the evenings for him. By yesterday, I think they'd finally given up the ghost. Tonight, I rehearse with my accompanist for a gala benefit I'm singing on Saturday. Right now, it's time to get on the road.

1 comment:

JanaRae said...

I count any hours that you are able to spend doing something you love and that gives you joy and personal satisfaction as productive! :-)