Friday, February 22, 2008

It's Here!

So the sofa arrived...and in a relatively timely manner (it got here about 2:30 and the window was 12-4, after all). Unfortunately, my worst fears were realized - they really weren't going to put it where I wanted it. Alas, "company policy says we can get it to the threshold." And that's just about all they did. It was literally in the door just far enough for them to open it & close it. I've since pushed it out of the way (mostly) and dismantled the packaging. But sadly, there it sits until the boys decide they're ready to move it to the office - the smallest room in the house, by the way. Yes, go ahead. Say it. I'm a genius. Buying furniture that is just the right size without much thought for how the heck it's going to get in the room in the first place. Genius. Classic me actually. Theoretically, it can stand on its end & go in there. Theoretically, that is. I'm not sure if I really want to be here when they decide to get that beast in there. I've left the protective wrapping on it - in hopes it protects the leather from major scuffs. We'll see. Needless to say, my husband isn't all that pleased with me at the moment - he wasn't really planning on moving furniture this weekend. Particularly a sleeper sofa. Sorry. I'm a dork & ordered from a catalog instead of a retail store. Those are the consequences.

No comments: