Saturday, February 02, 2008

Here We Are Again

It's the weekend. And what are we doing? The usual. Stuff around the house. We haven't made it into the office yet today. We were out too late last night. Derek went out with the boys & I went out with the girls. Saw 27 Dresses. I highly recommend the movie. It's nothing earth-shattering. Just good ol' chick fun. Definitely one for my collection. And there are tons of good chick movies on the way. It will be the Spring of the Chick Flicks. Can't wait.

So we got a late start today. Didn't really get going until lunch. After lunch, Derek went to get his new audio receiver - part of the new surround sound system he's picked out. I finished working on February's dinner menu so we quit the ol' routine that goes something like

S> What's for dinner?
D> I don't know. What are my options?
S> Beef, chicken, pork, fish, or game.
D> Yuck.
S> Same stuff that's always in the freezer.
D> None of it sounds good.
S> What about (names about six hundred things)?
D> No, don't want that (in answer to six hundred things).

And so on. I usually end up making something that he wasn't really in the mood for but eats b/c I make it. So I decided to go back to the menu-making that I used to do b/c it was easier to have dinner made at a reasonable hour without the whole diatribe about what's for dinner. (Tonight's Hungarian Goulash - thanks, mom, for the recipe. If we like it, I'll post the recipe over in The Kitchen.)

Long story short, I went to the grocery store this afternoon. Man, that was an experience. Duh, it's Super Bowl weekend! But actually, it could have been a lot worse. It was hard to maneuver aisles b/c they were stocking - in the middle of the Saturday afternoon rush. Whatever. It took me a while, but I got everything & I survived.

Then I came home & gave Ezmerelda a detail job. She's all sparkly now- inside & out. The only thing I didn't get done was vacuuming, but I can do that tomorrow. The floorboards aren't that bad.

My stye isn't any worse than yesterday. My eyes are still really irritated & a little swollen. I broke down & bought more allergy meds today. They may not have been 100% effective - like I'd like them to be - but they were apparently doing something.

Tomorrow we're grilling BBQ ribs for the Super Bowl.

No comments: