Friday, January 18, 2008

Holiday Weekend

As predicted, Derek has been busy since the rest of the guys left for the sales meeting. He didn't get home until 9:30 or so last night. On the upside, three of the four cases were actually his. Most likely, he'll be working late the next two days since the big cutters are on call. We'll see. Once the guys get back in on Sunday morning, Derek's duties are officially done & he can relax a little. He's taking Monday off to recuperate.

It's a busy weekend for me too, sorta. Tomorrow, I'm going to a scrapbooking class with mom. I have to pick her up around 9:15, so it will be an early day. But we're both looking forward to the class a lot. We're making a Christmas album. Can't wait. So tonight I have to get the house clean since everyone is coming over to watch the big games on Sunday (Go Packers!). We finally got the big smoker from the ranch to Rowlett (thanks, Dustin). And the boys are just itchin' to cook on it. I think they have plans for ribs, brisket, and pork shoulder. Who knows what else will end up on there.

Monday's a holiday, and I'm looking forward to it. It begins the quest to get the house in order in 08. It's something we failed to accomplish in 07. The stuff I've hidden away in the closets is really junk. Some of it is in its original moving box, which means it's been tucked away for almost 5 yrs. I think it's safe to say that it can go. I'm looking forward to having usable storage space when it's all said & done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know right! the freaking allergies! no bueno!