Thursday, January 31, 2008

For the Allergy Sufferers

So last night, Fox News DFW ran an "article" (can you call them that? newstory is probably better) about the explosion in office visits to allergists in the last month. "A good number of those calling on allergists have never had allergy symptoms before." Yeah, well, imagine what it's like for those of us who have had allergy symptoms for most of our lives! Welcome to my world, folks. Anyway, back to the story. Apparently, the weather has been the "perfect storm" for all kinds of blooms - mold, fungus, trees, grasses, flowers, etc., etc., etc. And all of the wind we've had, particularly since it's changed direction with each front, is blowing in new allergens as well as typical allergens for our region. So it follows that even if you're one of the fortunate ones without allergies of any kind, this kind of assault on the shnoz makes everyone's nose run, sneeze,wheeze, and stop up. Wanna hear the best part? "Once the wind finally dies down, the dust, mold spores, fungus, and dust mites will finally settle. And those who are allergic to them will really begin to feel the effects of the latest batch of wind storms." Oh gee, I'm giddy with glee over THAT one! So if I thought I was miserable the last week, what will I feel like next week?! Stay tuned to find out.

Right now, I'm calling my allergist. (Ironically, it's time for my annual check-up.)

No comments: