Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Blustery

Good lord. Windy isn't really strong enough to describe how crazy it was yesterday & how it's supposed to be today. Yesterday's winds were gusting to 60 mph. Can you say batten down the hatches? It was next to impossible to walk in the wind. Hold on for dear life, I'd say. More strong winds are predicted today, though they're only supposed to gust to about 40 mph. Poor birdies! Yesterday brought to mind Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. Anyone seen that? Poor Piglet gets blown around like a feather. That's how it felt for me yesterday. Seriously. I really needed a tether.

And of course, all of this wind (and change in wind direction) means that we allergy sufferers are miserable. Absolutely miserable. Can I just live in a HEPA bubble? Okay. Thanks. That would be great. As it is now, my head feels like it's going to explode. And in these conditions, drugs don't really help. There's just too much assaulting the system. *sigh* Just call me Snuffy.

No comments: