Monday, January 07, 2008

Back in the Swing

A nice quiet week this will not be. 'Tis the time to get back to the regular weekly appointments - rehearsals, voice lessons, work. But we did make the most of the weekend.

I took Ezmerelda back to the shop - she now has a front license plate & is all clean on the inside ... with many apologies from the dealership. I'm generally not a complainer. But when you pay that much for a car & a dealership prides itself on its service record, there are just some things that cannot be overlooked. The plate was a must - particularly since my brother refused to write me a note saying I didn't have to have a plate. (I did not, of course, really think he would.) The mess they left on the interior from the window tinting was the real issue. But I have to applaud Park Place for the speediness with which they attended to me. And this time, they took care of everything - the right way.

Saturday evening we went to my brother's house for Olga's birthday party. Why that girl actually likes hot dogs is a mystery to me. But I guess I got ruined on that the semester I took Foods & had to tour processing plants. There are something things you just shouldn't know about your food. I digress. There was a good turn-out at the party, and we all had a nice time visiting. And the food was good - even if I know where it came from.

The rest of the weekend. We accomplished absolutely nothing. Well, that's not entirely true. Derek accomplished nothing. I got a few things done. I started on the 16 thank-you notes that must go in the mail. And I went through all of my music in preparation for a recital sometime this year. Other than that, though, we were just plain lazy.

No comments: