Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Thanks for Sharing

The weekend flew by, as weekends do when they're full of things to do. Derek went on a company-sponsored hunting trip. So I was home alone, not that I accomplished anything domestically-related. I had a full weekend myself. The concert at LHUMC went extremely well. It's the best we've ever sung actually. I was so pleased, particularly after the (typical) rough dress rehearsal. We really shined at performance. I wish we had a recording, but alas, our sanctuary is not equipped. But everyone in attendance has just raved and rightly so.

With that concert over, I'm coasting into the new year. This is the first year I can really remember my schedule slowing down going into Christmas. And honestly, it's such a welcomed thing. No stress. No worries over scheduling. Or how I'm going to be eight places at once.

So the start of my weeks of coasting brought a very unwelcome guest ... a stomach bug. Lovely. Had I realized when I woke up on Monday morning that I wasn't well, I would have just stayed home. However, I felt fine. So despite waking up late thanks to an alarm clock (operator) malfunction, I hurried in to work...only to leave four hours later after revisiting breakfast. Thankfully though that was the only meal kind enough to say hello a second time. I slept the rest of Monday and managed to make my own chicken noodle soup for dinner. Slept a little later on Tuesday but still went to work. Apparently, this lovely little bug is making the rounds in several places. So wash your hands often!

It's hard to believe Christmas is only 13 days away. I still have shopping to do! Nothing big. But still. I'll be braving stores this weekend, I'm afraid...unless I can convince myself to make those stops on the way home from work. Either prospect is daunting. I just wish it felt more like Christmas -- enough of this stupid hot weather already! I'm ready for REAL winter!

No comments: