Monday, December 03, 2007

Early Christmas Surprise

Derek seems to outdo himself every Christmas. Every year I wonder how he will top the last. Well, he got a jump start on Christmas this year. And I really wonder how he's going to top this one. Thursday afternoon on my way home from work he called to tell me he had a surprise for me. He'd cleaned out the garage so I could park my car in it. I've been bugging him about this for a while now, especially since it's dewed a lot lately. And I hate having to defog my car in the morning. I'm lucky I have time to get where I'm going much less to get the windows in my car clear. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that he'd gone to all the trouble. Little did I know that there was an ulterior motive to that effort.

So I get home and convince him to take Dori for a walk. He tries to dissuade me from the walk, but I insist and he acquiesces. So we get Dori all ready. She's just as excited as ever. We leave, but Derek takes a different way than we usually do. I thought it was odd but didn't really give it too much thought. We walk around the corner of the house and this is what I see in my driveway.








I was completely speechless. I all but had to pick up my mouth off the ground with my own two hands. To say that I was surprised is the biggest understatement I've ever written here. Now my gifts for him seem a little ... well, just not quite enough. But he's happy with them. And I love my car! (Real photos soon)

No comments: