Saturday, November 24, 2007

Survived

Well, Turkey Day is over. And I've officially eaten my way through two days of family gatherings. I shudder to think what the scale might have to say about that ... which is precisely why I'm not going to ask it anything until the middle of next week! We had a nice two days visiting with family & reflecting on all we have to be thankful for. The list is quite extensive, to say the least. We are truly blessed.

We've also survived our traditional day-after shopping excursions. It gets harder & harder each year to buys Christmas gifts. We're all in a place where we tend to buy things for ourselves as we need them, so our wish lists seem to shrink smaller & smaller. But we managed to get a few things and enjoy a day out.

The rest of the weekend is set aside for R&R. In fact, Derek is still snoozing as I write this. =) The house is all clean--I had to do that Thursday morning in preparation for Thanksgiving dinner. All that really needs attention is laundry--we did manage to dirty quite a few towels in keeping the kitchen tidy while we cooked & then after dinner when we cleaned up. Otherwise, I really do intend to start on my Christmas cards. I'm eyeing all of the supplies right now, as a matter of fact. So without further ado....

No comments: