Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Preparing

While this weekend should have been filled with all kinds of chores, I really spent most of it resting. I'm so tired. My allergies are giving me fits & that means that I'm not sleeping as well. Something about my allergy flare-ups affects my REM cycle. It's really annoying b/c I'm never rested no matter how much sleep I get.

I can't say I didn't accomplish anything this weekend though. I went to the opera with my girlfriend. Ugh. We left at intermission. It wasn't that we hated it. We just weren't enthralled enough by it to stick around for the second half. I hope the rest of the season is better! I did get my hair done. And it's about time too. The grey was really showing! And I managed to get all of the grocery shopping done. So we're all ready to have Thanksgiving dinner now.

I'm excited about dinner too. We're back to traditional fare--turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, etc. Mmm. Mmm. We're going to the in-law's on Thursday & then having my family over Friday. Mom & I will do our usual day-after shopping at the wee hours of the morning, come home for lunch & a brief nap, and then cook dinner. But that's easier this year since we're leaving the turkey & ham to the HoneyBaked Ham Co.

Tomorrow we're picking up the meat and the beautiful table centerpiece that mom ordered for us and Dori's food & meds. And then I'm cleaning house. I decided not to do it this weekend b/c I would just have to do it again closer to Friday. Why do it twice?!

No comments: