Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fall Back

Have I mentioned how much I love fall? I'm reminded of another one of the many reasons why it's my favorite season: the fall time change. Oh how I do love gaining an hour!

We've had a productive weekend. Went by the tire place to get the hubcap ordered. (One of the many reasons we'll continue to do business with Discount Tire.) I actually got Derek into some stores to shop. He really needed some new jeans, and we were actually successful in finding his size in the store! We usually have to order them--Mr. Long Legs. Dori has been a happy girl--the weather is just how she likes it. She's spent lots of time outside & we've been on many walks (good for all of us!). The house is clean. The laundry is almost finished. I'm caught up on all my shows.

Mom and dad came by last night. Derek went to the early-morning Wal-Mart sale on Friday and found mom a laptop. He got it all set up, including updates, virus protection, accessories, and extra programs. So she picked that up last night. She's having a great time surfing...in front of the tv.

In family news, my grandfather has taken a little turn. Early in the week, the nurse found him on his bathroom floor in the middle of the night. He had fallen. They, of course, checked him out completely to be sure he hadn't hurt himself. That's when they discovered he was running a really high temp. They're still not exactly sure what caused the high temp, but the tests did show that his liver numbers are really out of kilter (and it sounds a lot like what we went through with Dori, oddly enough). So they're running more tests in hopes of finding out the culprit that's compromising the liver. Please do keep him in your prayers this week.

No comments: